|Release date(s)|| 1993|
May 26, 1994
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
An abandoned amusement park sits peacefully in the noonday sun. Playland was once the most popular vacation spot in all of Mudville; these days it is only home to dust and cobwebs.
This, however, is about to change. From a bajillion miles away comes a mysterious purple clay meteor. It approaches seemingly with purpose-rocketing towards the center of the park. With the deafening impact the meteor explodes, spreading clay devastation throughout the park. Playland has become Clayland.
Hours later, as the smoke begins to clear and the years of dust resettle, something stirs. From the twisted ruins of Playland, a mighty warrior emerges and then another and another. Each the product of the meteor and circus rubble, each with only one thought in their soft clay brains-uh..., duh..., oh yeah..., become King of the Circus.
The road to become King of the Circus will not be an easy one. The Clay Fighter who wants this title will have to be stronger, smarter and trickier than all the others. Who will it be? Blue Suede Goo with his hair blade, Ickybod Clay and kis ecto ball, Helga, Bonker, Tiny, Blob, or Taffy? Each Clay Fighter was given special powers and abilities by the meteor, some abilities even they don't know about. You'll need to explore these unknown abilities if you wish to claim the title of King of the Circus. From the Clayfighter: Tournament Edition manual.
- Icky's name was originally Ghost Guy.
- Blue Suede Goo's name was going to be Elvis the Impersonator
- Helga's name was originally Val.
- Tiny's name was originally Crusher.
- The Blob was going to have an attack called the Blob Bomb, it is still in the game's code, but it can only be used by use of the Game Genie accessory.
- There was a super combo meter.
- Characters have their own entrances.
- There would've been a bonus stage.